Washington, D.C. is home to a wide variety of events throughout the year, from world-class festivals and performances to family-friendly activities and educational programs.
Christmas in D.C. and the Washington, D.C. Cherry Blossom Festival are the top events during the year, but Halloween, Easter, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, Mother’s Day, and of course the 4th of July, are celebrated with much fanfare, food and fun.
Washington, D.C. sporting events take over the District several times a week, as D.C. is home to some top teams in the NHL, NFL, WNBA, MLB and MLS.
- Halloween in Washington, D.C.
- Things to do in Washington, D.C. in Autumn
- Halloween in Baltimore, MD
- Things to do in Baltimore in the Fall
- Haunted Houses in Baltimore, MD
- Halloween in Richmond, VA
- Haunted Houses in Richmond, VA
- Pumpkin Patches in Maryland
- Pumpkin Patches in Virginia
- Things to do in Virginia this Fall
- Silver Spring Thanksgiving Parade Guide
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving in Washington, D.C.
- Things to do in DC on Thanksgiving
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving in Baltimore
- Things to do in Baltimore over Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving in Virginia Beach, Va
New Year’s Eve
4th of July
- July 4th Fireworks in Washington, D.C.
- 4th of July in Washington, D.C.
- July 4th in Baltimore, MD
- July 4th in Richmond, VA
More Annual Events in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. Sports
Everything You need to Know about Washington DC Sports Teams
- DC United Soccer team (MLS)
- Washington Spirit Soccer team (NWSL)
- Washington Nationals Baseball (MLB)
- Washington Commanders (NFL)
- Washington Capitals (NHL)
- Washington Wizards Basketball (NBA)
- Washington Mystics (WNBA)
- Capital City Go-Go Basketball
- The Georgetown Hoyas Basketball
- University of Maryland Basketball