Strawberry picking in Maryland is one of our favorite times of the year. These sweet, juicy red berry treats are the sign that summer is close, and you can literally taste it.
While pre-picked berries are all well and good, we like to the pick your own strawberry farms you can find across Maryland, and even around Washington, D.C.
Whether you are looking for a morning out or a day trip to the country, knowing when to pick strawberries in Maryland is the key to your journey.
Table of Contents
When is Strawberry Picking Season?
Strawberry season runs from about mid-May through mid-June. Sometimes you can find them in early July.
The weather has an impact on when strawberries can be picked though. Before you head out, check with the farm you plan to visit to make sure they are actually open for harvesting. If it was a cold spring, local strawberry picking farms may not be open daily to visitors yet.
When we have a warmer spring, pick your own strawberries at the farm can sneak up on you and you may miss your chance.
Strawberry Picking Near Me
There are a lot of places with u-pick strawberry fields in Maryland. You just have to know where the strawberry patches are located, keep an eye on those crop schedules and plan your trip to the strawberry picking farm in accordance with the weather.
Many farms in Maryland offer fresh fruits and vegetables at farm stands, pre-picked strawberries as well as berry picking opportunities. Some even offer county-fair style family fun with games, rides and bouncy houses.
If you are lucky, you can grab a taste of freshly made strawberries ice cream too.
Pick Your Own Strawberries near Washington DC
You don’t have to go far to pick your own strawberries when visiting Washington, D.C. Take a day trip from DC to some of our favorite strawberry farms in Maryland. If you miss strawberry season, don’t worry, many offer blueberry picking, apple picking and raspberry picking as well.
Many pick your own produce farms offer play areas and summer camps too. Check their Facebook page for updates and curbside pickup, hours and other policies that may be in place before you arrive.
- Location: 22200 Davis Mill Road, Germantown, MD
- Location: 15604 Sugarland Road, Poolesville, MD 20837
- Location: 10140 Piscataway Rd, Clinton, MD 20735
Middleton’s Cedar Hill Farm
- Location: 5190 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
- Location: 12850 Shlagel Road, Waldorf, MD 20601
Strawberry Picking in Frederick, MD
About an hour outside of Washington, D.C. you will find farms offering pick your own strawberries, and sometimes blueberries and blackberries, or even Christmas trees.
Pop in for lunch in beautiful Frederick, MD, before heading out the the u-pick farms in Frederick.
Glade Link Farms
- Location: Route 194, New Midway, MD 21775
Mayne’s Tree Farm
- Location: 3420 Buckeystown Pike, Buckeystown, MD 21717
Catoctin Mountain Orchard
- Location: US Route 15, 15036 North Franklinville Road, Thurmont, MD, 21788
Strawberry Picking near Baltimore, MD
Whether you drive from DC to Baltimore, or are staying at a Baltimore hotel in the city, you can still get out to pick strawberries this spring.
We are always surprised by how quickly we can get into the country and away from the noise so quickly when visiting Maryland’s largest city.
- Location: 12208 Old Philadelphia Road, Bradshaw, MD 21087
Hybridoma Organic Fruit Farm
- Location: 13734 Baldwin Mill Road, Baldwin, MD 21013
- Location: 17201 Masemore Road, Parkton, MD 21120
- Location: 5425 Mount Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136
Weber’s Cider Mill Farm at Peach Berry Farm
- Location: 2526 Proctor Lane, Parkville, MD 21234
- Location: 10151 Gorman Rd, Laurel/Columbia, MD 20723
- Location: 2415 Woodbine Road (Route 94), Lisbon, MD 21797
Check out Blueberry Season in Maryland too!
Strawberry Picking Farther afield
Sometimes you just need a day trip to escape the city and remind yourself where your food comes from. We love spending a morning picking berries.
Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy, and breath in a bit of fresh air with local farmers, browsing the farmer’s market at family-owned farms and loading up on fruits and veggies.
- Location: 2857 Davidsonville Rd, Davidsonville, MD 21035
Holiday Memories Farm
- Location: 4848 Muddy Creek Road, West River, MD 20778
Swann Farms Produce and PYO Berries
- Location: 7740 Swan Lane, Owings, MD 20736
- Location: 1015 Baugher Road, Westminster, MD 21158
- Location: 550 Asbury Road, Churchville, MD 21028
Harman’s Farm Market
- Location: 2633 Churchville Road, Churchville, MD 21028
- Location: 3212 Snake Lane, Churchville, MD 21028
- Location: 5594 Norrisville Road, White Hall, MD 21161
Friendly Hall Farm
- Location: 39010 Lyon Ln, Mechanicsville, MD 20659
Southern Comfort Berry Farm
- Location: 37450 Bushwood Wharf Road, Bushwood, MD 20618
T and A Farm
- Location: 18281 Saint Jeromes Neck Road, Dameron, MD 20628
- Location: 4822 Preston Road, Federalsburg, MD 21632
First Class Farms LLC
- Location: 21719 Doverbridge Road, Preston, MD 21655
- Location: 5230 Bethlehem Road, Preston, MD 21655
Wings Landing Farms
- Location: 6304 Bell Creek Rd, Preston, MD 21655
- Location: 1495 Appleton Road, Elkton, MD, 21921
Spring Valley Farm
- Location: 724 Conowingo Road ,U.S. 1, Conowingo, MD 21918
- Location: 2206 Church Creek Road, Cambridge, MD 21613
- Location: 10051 Worton Road, Chestertown, MD 21620
- Location: 302 Leager Road, Sudlersville, MD 21668
Family Affair Farm
- Location: 30091 Rabbit Hill Road, Easton, MD 21601
Oakley’s Farm Market
- Location: 27466 Ocean Gateway (US Rt. 50 West), Hebron, MD 21830
- Location: 9300 Old Railroad Road, Mardela Springs, MD 21837
- Location: 22511 Gardenhour Road, Smithsburg, MD 21783
1 thought on “40+ Spectacular Farms for Maryland Strawberry Picking Near Me”
Pingback: Ultimate guide to Blueberry Season and U Pick Farms in Maryland