Hershey Lodge is a full service resort located minutes from Hersheypark and Hershey’s Chocolate World, offering an indoor waterpark, game room, mini golf and kids club activities, and can’t miss dining options.
There is no better time than right now to plan a sweet escape to Hershey, Pennsylvania. Hershey Lodge is the perfect place to call home as you explore the town that Hershey built.
Our articles may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of those links we will receive a small commission.
Quick Guide to the Hershey Lodge
- What is Hershey Lodge?
- Hershey Lodge is a low-key, convention-style resort about three miles from Hersheypark with chocolate-themed rooms.
- Where is Hershey Lodge located?
- The Hershey Lodge is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania at 325 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033.
- What amenities does Hershey Lodge offer?
- Guests will enjoy this smoke-free property with access to a free shuttle that drops off and picks up just steps from the entrance to Hersheypark, the best price on tickets to Hersheypark, a water park plus indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, sports courts, a fitness center, two golf courses, multiple restaurants, free Wi-Fi, air conditioned rooms.
- Event planners will love the 100,000 sq ft of event space.
- Admission to Hershey Gardens, The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience, and ZooAmerica® North American Wildlife Park
- What are the room rates at Hershey Lodge?
- With 665 rooms, rates start at $129, but can go up to $500 around holidays (Christmas, etc.) and summer months when there is more demand.
- Is Hershey Lodge a good place to stay for families?
- Yes, kids and parents will LOVE the waterpark, easy access to the theme park and free Hershey chocolate products.
- Is Hershey Lodge a good place to stay for couples?
- Yes, if you love chocolate, couples will enjoy this lodge. Just be aware that there will be families around.
- Is Hershey Lodge a good place to stay for business travelers?
- There is over 100,000 square feet of meeting and event space, so business travelers will enjoy the comforts of the lodge in between meetings. It’s also easy to bring your family on a business trip to Hershey.
- What kind of restaurants are at Hershey Lodge?
- Fine dining to casual family restaurants, plus a pool-side cafe, bars and coffee shop.
- What kind of activities are available at Hershey Lodge?
- Swimming, golf, falconry, mini gold, basketball, tennis, pickleball, arcade, fitness center, Hershey℠ characters’ appearances, animal encounters with ZooAmerica® North American Wildlife Park, chocolate bingo, family game room, s’mores roasts, and kids’ crafts.
- What are the parking options at Hershey Lodge?
- Complimentary self-parking and electric vehicle charging stations.
- On-site vehicle rental agency, airport and train station shuttle service, and limo service (an shuttle and limo for an additional fee) are also available through the lodge.
- What are the pet policies at Hershey Lodge?
- No pets allowed at the Hershey Lodge.
- What are the accessibility features at Hershey Lodge?
- Accessible tubs
- Roll-in showers
- Short stature kits
- TTY audio sensors
Grab the best rates and availability on hotel in Hershey HERE.
The Hershey Lodge has the feel of an upscale resort with a mid-range price tag for affordable family travel. Offering 665 guest rooms, it’s large but doesn’t feel like it because everything is very centrally located.
Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a bellhop where they will direct you to ten-minute parking for check-in.
The check-in process was very quick for us and informative, the desk clerk gave me all of the information about resort amenities, Hersheypark hours, shuttle bus times, and discount park tickets that can be purchased as a resort guest.
We also received a hotel map, resort guide and full-size Hershey bars. Yes, I did say FREE Hershey bars- it is the town that Hershey built after all!
Tip: If you are arriving during peak times in summer, or after a concert your room will probably not be ready until after 4 p.m. Pack a day bag, and enjoy Hershey’s Water Works or one of the outdoor amenities while you wait.
The Hershey Lodge offers kids’ check-in from 4-6 p.m. daily. Little ones can sign the guest book and receive a gift. They may even get to meet a Hershey character in the lobby. Be sure to pick up your activity sheet for the days events as well. There are many free activities including bingo, sand art, scavenger hunts and more!
Being a family-friendly resort, the Hershey Lodge is primarily two-queen bed configurations with a maximum capacity of four guests. Also offered are King Rooms that sleep 2 guests, as well as suites that have various capacity limits.
They do offer ADA compliant guest rooms and suites, be sure to call and request these when booking.
During our stay we were booked in a standard two queen room in the Hershey Kiss Tower. This location is ideal, because it is attached to the main lobby.
Pro Tip: The front desk did say you can call and request a section of the hotel and they will note your reservation, as they are not broken down by location when booking online. I would suggest the Hershey Kiss Tower or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup section as they are centrally located.
Our room was well-appointed with two queen beds, a desk, a small refrigerator, an in-room safe and a very large closet. Plenty of room for a family of four.
We loved the little chocolate touches with Hershey kisses printed on the sheets and the bathroom wallpaper.
Hershey’s Water Works
In the Water Works pool area, not only can families swim together, but they can also enjoy multiple play areas. The activity pool is 3.5 feet to 5 feet with steps at various entry points. Here you can play basketball, swim on silly dolphins and try to make your way across the Reese’s Water Walk.
For the thrill seekers there are two body slides. These closed-in tubes twist and turn outside the building before sliding back into Water Works for a wet landing below. There is also a zero entry sandcastle play area for the little ones in your family.
Hershey’s Water Works is open from 12p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. The Water Works area is exclusive to Hershey Lodge guests only, which helps to keep the crowds down.
Seasonal Summer Fun at the Hershey Lodge
There is an outdoor pool, a mini-golf course, basketball and tennis court at the Hershey Lodge. These are open seasonally Memorial Day – Labor Day, and operating hours vary.
Dining at Hershey Lodge
Dining at Hershey Lodge is expansive, and with six restaurants it offers families many options ranging from grab and go, casual, and upscale restaurants and cafes. You are sure to find a palate pleaser for even the pickiest eater in your family.
Adjacent to the lobby, Cocoa Beanery is a fast, casual dining spot filled with grab and go options. In the mornings, this coffee shop serve pastries and hot breakfast sandwiches, as well as specialty coffees.
Lunch and dinner offers sandwiches and salads, and you can’t forget dessert- grab an ice cream sundae with your favorite Hershey’s candy toppings.
The Bears Den
This casual restaurant is perfect for an inexpensive lunch or dinner, and is open daily from 12p.m.-11 p.m.
If you are a hockey fan, you will love the theme as it’s dedicated to the Hershey Bears hockey team. We often get a bite to eat after a long day in the park; the nachos are a family favorite.
Fire & Grain
Open daily for breakfast and dinner, you can enjoy a casual meal with an elevated menu. In the morning they offer a breakfast buffet serving up fresh fruits, eggs to order and much more. If you really want a treat- enjoy the S’mores Pancakes off the regular menu.
Each evening enjoy Happy Hour specials from 4pm-6pm, featuring, $4 Draft Beer, $6 House Wine, $7 Signature Cocktails and half off all appetizers (starters, toasts, flatbreads, and a meat and cheese plate).
Dinner offerings include charcuterie boards, flatbreads, and out of this world entrees. My favorite items are the meatballs, the gemelli bolognese, and the braised short rib. I always skip dessert and have a Signature Hershey’s Martini to finish my meal.
The newest dining option at Hershey Lodge is an upscale chophouse, perfect for date night or celebrations. They serve classic and contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and has the largest wine & spirits list in the Lodge.
It is only open Wednesday-Sunday from 5pm-10pm.
Located inside Hershey’s Waterworks, Cocoa Cabana serves casual lunch options, soft serve ice cream, specialty sundaes, and beverages.
Formerly the Hershey Grill, located on the convention center side of the Lodge, this newly reopened eatery offers delicious options for breakfast and lunch.
Seating is first come first served with tables both inside and outside. A walk-up waiting list is available.
No matter if you are having breakfast or lunch be sure to have the Cinnamon Croissant Beignets with Hershey Chocolate Sauce- they are absolutely amazing!
Resort Guest Perks
When you stay at the Hershey Lodge you get special guest only perks. From early park access to free admission at area attractions, it is worth it to stay in an official resort.
- 1-hour early access to Hersheypark with Sweet Start (during the summer season)
- Free Admission to Hershey Gardens
- Free Admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience
- Access to 2 award-winning Golf Courses
- Preferred pricing to ZooAmerica®
- Complimentary Front Gate Shuttle Service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Hershey Lodge (FAQ)
What is Hershey Lodge, and where is it located?
Hershey Lodge is a resort located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. It’s part of the Hershey entertainment complex and offers a comfortable place to stay for visitors exploring Hershey’s attractions, including Hersheypark and Chocolate World.
What types of accommodations are available at Hershey Lodge?
Hershey Lodge offers a variety of accommodations, including comfortable rooms and suites suitable for families, couples, and individuals. ADA accessible rooms are available.
What amenities and features does Hershey Lodge offer?
Hershey Lodge provides a range of amenities, including dining options, a large indoor pool complex, a fitness center, and shuttle service to Hersheypark.
Is there a restaurant on-site at Hershey Lodge?
Yes, Hershey Lodge has several on-site restaurants and dining options, including the Fire & Grain and The Bears’ Den.
Can you buy Hersheypark tickets at Hershey Lodge?
Yes, you can often purchase Hersheypark tickets at Hershey Lodge. Many times, special packages are available that include park tickets with your hotel room too.
What activities and attractions are near Hershey Lodge?
Hershey Lodge is close to a range of attractions, including Hersheypark, Hershey’s Chocolate World, and ZooAmerica. Our nearby attractions guide will help you plan your visit to these fun things to do in Hershey, PA.
Are there special events or activities at Hershey Lodge throughout the year?
Hershey Lodge hosts special events and activities, such as Christmas events, 4th of July, and Easter celebrations throughout the year.
Learn more about Christmas in Hershey, PA
How do I make a reservation at Hershey Lodge?
Making a reservation at Hershey Lodge is easy. You can book online or HERE for the best rates on rooms at the Hershey Lodge and other hotels in Hershey, PA.
Sold Out? Check out our map to available hotels below, powered by our preferred partner Stay22.