After a busy day of work or exploring the city, the best way to unwind in DC is with an afternoon happy hour.
Luckily, there are loads of different DC happy hour options to choose from, whether you want to stay in Washington, D.C. or venture out to the surrounding towns.
Table of Contents
- 1 What type of Happy Hour Are You Looking For?
- 2 Our Favorite Happy Hours in D.C.
- 3 More Washington DC Happy Hours
- 3.1 Across the Pond Restaurant & Pub
- 3.2 Al Dente
- 3.3 Ambar
- 3.4 Archipelago
- 3.5 Belga Cafe
- 3.6 BlackSalt Restaurant
- 3.7 Brasserie Liberte
- 3.8 Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- 3.9 Duke’s Counter
- 3.10 El Centro D.F.
- 3.11 Firefly Kitchen + Bar
- 3.12 Fiola Mare
- 3.13 The Hamilton
- 3.14 Hank’s Oyster Bar
- 3.15 Indique
- 3.16 Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- 3.17 Mintwood Place
- 3.18 Mission
- 3.19 North Italia
- 3.20 Number Nine
- 3.21 O-Ku Sushi
- 3.22 Oyamel Cocina Mexicana
- 3.23 Old Ebbitt Grill
- 3.24 The Royal
- 3.25 RPM Italian DC
- 3.26 Stoney’s
- 3.27 Teddy and the Bully Bar
- 3.28 Tico DC
- 3.29 Tony and Joe’s Georgetown
- 3.30 Truxton Inn
- 4 Happy Hour in Arlington, VA
- 5 Happy Hour in Alexandria, VA
- 6 Happy Hour in Bethesda, MD
- 6.1 Barrel & Crow
- 6.2 Bethesda Crab House
- 6.3 Bistro Provence
- 6.4 Black’s Bar and Kitchen
- 6.5 Brickside Food & Drink
- 6.6 City Perch Kitchen + Bar
- 6.7 Gringos & Mariachis
- 6.8 Maki Maki
- 6.9 Mon Ami Gabi
- 6.10 Mussel Bar & Grille
- 6.11 Persimmon Restaurant
- 6.12 Caddies on Cordell
- 6.13 Hanaro Sushi
- 6.14 Momo Chicken and Jazz
- 6.15 Seasons 52
- 6.16 Stella Barra Pizzeria
- 6.17 Wildwood Kitchen
- 7 Happy Hour in Rockville, MD
- 8 Happy Hour in Silver Spring, MD
- 9 Pin it and Start Planning!
What type of Happy Hour Are You Looking For?
There are more formal cocktail happy hours, wine happy hours, half-price oyster happy hours, or classic beer and pretzel happy hours to choose from.
No matter where you are in the city, you can always find a place to stop in drink specials, a full happy hour menu of food specials, or outdoor patios to catch the last rays of Vitamin D shining down.
Our Favorite Happy Hours in D.C.
REMINDER: Always check to make sure the bar or restaurant is still open before you go, as we do not update our happy hour lists on a daily basis.
Dacha Beer Garden
- Address: Multiple Locations
- Shaw: 1600 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Navy Yard: 79 Potomac Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003
Dacha is a great place for the whole family to enjoy. With plenty of outdoor seating in the beer garden, it is a the perfect place for adults to hang out and for kids to wander around.
I love Dacha and it is the best place to go for a drink after work or to spend the day on a Saturday.
Dacha offers burger and beer happy hour every Monday through Thursday from 4pm to 7pm, making it the perfect place to stop by for some drinks and a quick dinner after work.
Beers are served in traditional German boots, or if you are looking for a smaller drink, classic can glasses.
When you step into Dacha, you’ll feel like you are outside of the city, and can block out all of the work day and traveling through the city.
Barcelona Wine Bar
- Address: Multiple Locations
- 14th Street: 1622 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Cathedral Heights: 3310 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
Barcelona is a wine bar with Spanish, Mediterranean and South American influences. We find it the perfect spot to grab a house wine or enjoy a few bottles of wine with friends – they have more than 400 wines on their menu. You’ll also be able to enjoy some small plates of food.
Barcelona is always bustling and the lively atmosphere makes for a super fun time every time you visit.
Tapas are always at a reasonable price, along with glasses of wine, cocktails and beer, making this our go-to happy hour spot anytime of day when we just can’t be bothered with “happy hour” timing.
- Address: Multiple Locations
- Dupont Circle: 1120 19th St NW, Washington DC 20036
- Capitol Hill: 528 8th St SE, Washington DC 20003
Nooshi is a sushi restaurant known for its delicious food and champagne cocktails. They have a huge variety of drinks, including a favorite of mine- the champagne mojito.
Nooshi has both indoor and outdoor seating and is located in Dupont Circle. They also just opened a rooftop location in Capitol Hill that I can’t wait to check out. Stop in early for happy hour drinks and stay for dinner.
Nooshi offers “crazy hour” Monday through Friday with half-priced drinks AND half-priced food. Definitely drop into Nooshi for some great sushi, dumplings, and every flavor mojito you can think of to enjoy with friends and family.
Quill at The Jefferson
- Address: 1200 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
If you are looking for a more upscale, classic happy hour DC experience, Quill is the place to go.
Located in the back of the historic Jefferson Hotel, and in viewing distance of the White House, Quill is one of those bars that just makes you feel like you are in DC.
Quill is known for its wide variety of seasonal drinks with unique edible garnishes in each one. Quill is also home to the clearest ice cubes I have ever seen – they are like looking in a mirror.
I would recommend stopping by Quill after work for a taste of their cocktails, endless supply of whiskey, or their amazing wine list. Quill’s happy hour deal depend on the day – but there is almost always a special going on.
- Address: 1825 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Bar Charley is home to some of the prettiest and most delicious drinks I have ever had. Luckily, their happy hour runs seven days a week – which is almost unheard of in DC.
For happy hour, their signature drinks are all $7.95, along with some beers on tap. It is also a great place to grab a quick dinner or a split a few appetizers.
Bar Charley has a great atmosphere and just the place you need to hang out after work. I would definitely recommend trying the wings and relaxing with a $4 Narragansett tallboy.
Happy hour runs from 4pm to 6pm, 7 days a week.
Tiki TNT & Potomac Distilling Company
- Address: 1130 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024
Tiki TNT is a relatively new tiki-themed restaurant on the Wharf. This is where you head to feel like you are getting away after a busy day. Every time I step into Tiki TNT, I feel like I am on vacation.
Tiki TNT has a combination of indoor and outdoor seating, all of which feels like a beach bar.
Happy hour runs Wednesday to Friday and Sundays from 3pm to 6pm. It includes $4 beers, $5 rum drinks, and a specialty frozen cocktail for $7.
Make sure you try out their shrimp dumplings or sticky pork ribs while you are there! Trust me, you will feel like you spent the afternoon on a tropical beach island when you are done.
Farmers Fishers Bakers
- Address: 3000 K St NW Washington, DC 20007
Farmers Fishers Bakers is the perfect place to stop in for happy hour if you are looking for a relaxing afternoon overlooking the Georgetown Waterfront. FFB offers both indoor and outdoor seating, and an insane happy hour drink menu.
All the cocktails on their happy hour menu are only $5! Including margaritas, mules, beer, wine, and original signature drinks.
FFB’s happy hour menu also includes tons of small bite food items – all for under $6. Definitely stop in for a frozen gin and tonic and some brick-oven pretzels next time you are in Georgetown.
Happy Hour is Monday – Friday from 3:30pm – 6:00pm.
Cork Wine Bar & Market
- Address: 1805 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
If you love wine, Cork Wine Bar is definitely the place to go. Their unique Happy Hour happens every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm – 7pm.
This happy hour is the perfect opportunity to get crazy good deals on wines that are not even on Cork’s menu.
If you are looking for a chance to try some new wines, an afternoon at Cork is the perfect opportunity to be a little bit adventurous.
My friends and I love going to Cork to test out new wines, and we always walk away finding a great wine we would have never tried before.
Cork’s happy hour changes themes every few months and includes discounted food pairings as well.
- Address: Multiple Locations
- Foggy Bottom: 2221 I St NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Navy Yard: 99 M St SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Clarendon: 3010 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
Circa is a delightful spot to pop in no matter where you are in the city. Happy hour at Circa is only in the bar area, so make sure you get there early to grab your spot. Happy hour includes $5 draft beers, $7 wines and $8 cocktails.
I love Circa happy hour for the food too. Everything on the happy hour menu is $8 and you are guaranteed to find something to fit your mood. A favorite of mine is the tuna poke nachos, a totally unique dish which is perfect for warm and sunny afternoon snack.
Circa happy hour is on weekdays from 4pm to 7pm at all locations.
More Washington DC Happy Hours
Across the Pond Restaurant & Pub
- Address: 1732 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Tuesday- Sunday, 3pm-8pm
- Specials: drink specials and $5 appetizers
- Address: 3201 New Mexico Ave. NW Washington, DC 20016
- Dates: Daily 4-7pm
- Specials: half-price pizza, small plates under $5 beer, wine and cocktails under $5 ($15 pitchers of mojitos)
- Address: 523 8th St SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Dates: Sunday- Thursday, 4pm – 6pm
- Specials: Food, cocktails, wine and beer all under $6
- Address: 1201 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Daily, 5-7pm
- Specials: Food starts at $3 and beverages start at $4
- Address: 514 8th St SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Dates: Everyday, 4:30pm-6pm
- Specials: $7 wines, $6 Draft Beer and $8 Signature Cocktails $8
- Address: 4883 MacArthur Blvd NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Address: 3251 Prospect St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Dates: coming soon
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Address: 801 9th St NW suite a, Washington, DC 20001
- Dates: coming soon
- Address: 3000 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Dates: Monday – Friday, 12pm- 7pm
- Specials: $6.00 Beers, Wines and Well Spirits
El Centro D.F.
- Address: 1218 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, , DC 20007
- Dates: Tuesday- Friday, 4-7pm
- Specials: Everything on the menu us under $10 (loads under $5 too), including cocktails, wine, beer and tacos.
Firefly Kitchen + Bar
- Address: 1310 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Dates: Wednesday – Friday – 4PM – 7PM
- Specials: Food and cocktails for $8 plus $6 draft beer and $7 glasses of wine
- Address: 3100 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Dates: Tuesday- Friday and Sunday, 4:30- 6pm
- Specials: options change regularly, but you can always get nibbles and cocktails for under $15
- Address: 600 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Dates: Sushi Happy Hour: Every day from 2-5 pm & 9-11 pm, dine-in only
- Specials: $5 off Sushi Rolls
Hank’s Oyster Bar
- Address: 701 Wharf Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
- Dates: Tuesday- Friday, 4-6pm
- Specials: Half-price oysters plus $7 wine, beer and cocktails
- Address: 3512 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 5-7pm
Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- Address: 2007 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Wednesday-Friday, 5pm – 6:30pm and Saturday and Sunday, 1pm – 4pm
- Address: 1813 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Tuesday- Saturday, 5:30- 6:30pm • Sunday, 5:30- 8:30 pm
- Address: 1606 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Daily 4-6pm
- Address: 2112 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Ste 102, Washington, DC 20037
- Dates: Monday – Friday, 4- 7pm
- Address: 1435 P St NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Address: 1274 5th St NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Dates: Monday-Thursday, 5-7pm
- Specials: Half-off sushi rolls and $3 off specialty drinks and wines
Oyamel Cocina Mexicana
- Address: 401 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Dates: Wednesday-Friday, 4-6pm
- Specials: Discount drinks and $3 tacos
Old Ebbitt Grill
- Address: 675 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Dates: Daily 3-5pm
- Specials: ½ price Raw Bar
- Address: 501 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 3pm – 6pm
- Specials: $7 drinks + discount on food
RPM Italian DC
- Address: 650 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Dates: Monday – Sunday, 3:00- 5:00 pm
- Specials: $7-8 cocktails, discount wine and beer + $5 appetizers and pizzas
- Address: 1433 P St NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Dates: Monday- Friday, 5pm-6pm
- Specials: $5 drinks and discounts on food
Teddy and the Bully Bar
- Address: 1200 19th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Dates: Daily 3-7pm
- Specials: $9 cocktails, $6 spirits, $5 beer, $8 wine plus bar snacks
- Address: 1926 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Dates: Wednesday- Sunday, 5-6pm
- Specials: $7 cocktails and wine, $5 beer plus discounted food
Tony and Joe’s Georgetown
- Address: 3000 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Address: 251 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Dates: Random Happy Hour announced every day at 3pm via Instagram @truxtoninndc
- Specials: $3-7 drinks + $3-5 snacks
Happy Hour in Arlington, VA
- Address: 3165 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
Late night at Don Tito is an amazing experience that everyone in the DC area should try at least once. If you are looking for some great late-night snacks, and to get a little bit out of the city you should definitely stop in for one of their rail drinks (also called well drinks).
Known for their crazy selection of tequila – and tons of margarita flavors, Don Tito is a guaranteed good time.
If you stop by late night, you can get any two of their incredible tacos for just $10. Don Tito also offers $5 beers all day, making it an affordable and fun experience any time of the day.
- Address: 2901 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
- Dates: Monday- Friday, 4pm – 7pm
- Specials: $5 food and beverages
The Board Room
- Address: 925 N Garfield St, Arlington, VA 22201
- Dates: Monday – Friday, 4 – 8pm
- Specials: $8 Board Room Brew Flights, $5 house wines (red, white, rosé & sparkling), $1 oysters on the half shell on Mondays, Warm Pretzel $5, BR Dip Platter $8 and Chicken Wings $10
- Address: 2250 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA 22202
- Dates: Weekdays, 4pm- 7pm (Bar Lounge Only)
- Specials: Sangria, cocktails, beer and wine, plus food all under $7
- Address: 3217 10th St N, Arlington, VA 22201
- Dates: Daily, no specific happy hour prices
- Specials: Great drink prices and Food Trucks that will make you feel like you are getting a discount on your bill.
- Address: 6035 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22205
- Dates: Every day 4-7pm
- Specials: $6 food, $7 wine and $6 beer and house liquor
- Address: 1101 N Highland St, Arlington, VA 22201
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 3pm-6pm
- Specials: Buy one, get one appetizers
Punch Bowl Social
- Address: 4238 Wilson Blvd Ste 1180, Arlington, VA 22203
- Dates: Sundays (when open)
The Stray Cat Cafe
- Address: 5866 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22205
- Dates: coming soon
Texas Jack’s Barbecue
- Address: 2761 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
- Dates: Daily
- Specials: $6 food, wine, beer and cocktails
Happy Hour in Alexandria, VA
- 219 Restaurant
- A La Lucia
- Bayou Room
- Bistro 1890
- Blackwall Hitch
- Chart House
- Daniel O’Connel’s
- Don Taco Tequila Bar
- Dos Amigos
- Cyde’s Mark Center
- Fin & Hoof Bar and Grill
- Fontaine Caffe & Creperie
- Foxfire Grill
- Gadsby’s Tavern Restaurant
- Hops N’Shine
- Il Porto Ristorante
- Los Tios Grill
- Mai Tai
- Magnolia’s on King
- Mason Social
- Momo Sushi & Cafe
- Reynolds Street Bar and Grill
- Shooter McGees
- Sonoma Cellar
- Southside 815
- Sweet Fire Donna’s
- Taqueria el Poblano
- TJ Stone’s
- Trademark Drink + Eats
- Union Street Public House
- Vaso’s Kitchen
- Volas Dockside Grill & Hi-Tide Lounge
- Virtue Feed & Grain
- The Warehouse
- Zikrayet Lebanese Restaurant & Lounge
Happy Hour in Bethesda, MD
Barrel & Crow
Address: 4867 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Bethesda Crab House
Address: 4958 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Address: 4933 Fairmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Black’s Bar and Kitchen
Address: 7750 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Brickside Food & Drink
Address: 4866 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
City Perch Kitchen + Bar
Address: 11830 Grand Park Ave, North Bethesda, MD 20852
Gringos & Mariachis
- Address: multiple locations
- 4928 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
- 12435 Park Potomac Ave, Potomac, MD 20854
Address: 8023 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Mon Ami Gabi
Address: 7239 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Mussel Bar & Grille
Address: 7262 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Address: 7003 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20815
Caddies on Cordell
Address: 4922 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Address: 7820 Norfolk Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Momo Chicken and Jazz
Address: 4862 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814
Address: 11414 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852
Stella Barra Pizzeria
Address: 11825 Grand Park Ave, North Bethesda, MD 20852
Address: 10223 Old Georgetown Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814
Happy Hour in Rockville, MD
Clyde’s Tower Oaks Lodge
- Address: 2 Preserve Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20852
- Dates: Daily, 3pm-5pm
- Specials: Discount raw bar
Quincy’s South Bar & Grill
- Address: 11401 Woodglen Dr, Rockville, MD 20852
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 11:30am-7pm
- Specials: $1 off drafts, $3.99 Domestic bottles, $4.99 well drinks and house wines
World of Beer Bar & Kitchen
- Address: 196 E Montgomery Ave #B, Rockville, MD 20850
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 3pm-7pm
- Specials: $3-$4 drafts, $5 well drinks, $6 wine and $5 appetizers
Happy Hour in Silver Spring, MD
All Set Restaurant & Bar
- Address: 8630 Fenton Street, Plaza 5, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Daily, 3–6PM
- Specials: Daily specials
Astro Lab Brewing
- Address: 8216 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Everyday
- Specials: drinks and food under $10
Cooper Canyon Grill
- Address: 928 Ellsworth Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Monday- Friday, 4pm-7pm
- Specials: Cocktail specials
Cubano’s Authentic Cuban Cuisine and Beyond
- Address: 1201 Fidler Ln, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Daily
- Specials: Half price House Drinks (Mojitos, Caipirinha, Margaritas, Sangria, House Wine and Rail drinks) and discounts on food
Kaldi’s Social House
- Address: 918 Silver Spring Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: 3-8pm
- Specials: Discounts food and cocktails, $5 beer and wine
La Malinche Spanish and Mexican Tapas
- Address: 8622 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Everyday, 4-7pm (at the bar)
- Specials: $5 appetizers, Sangria, beer and wine under $5
McGinty’s Public House
- Address: 911 Ellsworth Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 3-7pm
- Specials: Draught, bottle, Rail and wine specials, plus $5 food menu
Mi Rancho Es Su Rancho
- Address: 8701 Ramsey Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Specials: Discounts on beer and margaritas
The Society Lounge
- Address: 8229 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 4-7pm
- Specials: Food and drink specials
Stained Glass Pub
- Address: 12510 Layhill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20906
- Dates: Monday-Friday, 2-7pm Wednesdays, 1/2 price wine
- Specials: $7 Wings and $5 appetizers plus $1.00 off All Beer, Rail Liquor and House Wine